What to expect during your visit
How to Prepare:
- Have you had a Health and Wellness Consultation with Dr. Weber? If not, it is best to do so before your first appointment. Discussing your goals and developing an individual wellness and optimization plan is essential.
- Drink water! It is essential to be adequately hydrated for all Light Therapy Sessions. Drinking water after your Session is equally crucial because you will be rehydrating and flushing toxins from your body.
- Ensure your skin has no oils or lotions applied within 1 hour before your Session. Anything you apply to your skin could be a barrier to the Light wavelengths. It is best to be sunscreen and make-up-free.
- Wear clothing that will be easy to get on and off. Your skin should be bare as the Light wavelengths cannot penetrate through clothing. You will have privacy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol the day of, before, and after your Session.
- It is best to eat healthy and light if you eat around the time of your Session. Salads may help the treatment work better.
What to except:
- You will be greeted on the 4th floor lobby & taken into the studio to prepare for your Session.
- You will have complete privacy, where you can completely undress (if you want) and get comfortable on our vibrating table. Our Lights work best on naked skin.
- We have beauty products to remove sunscreen and make-up.
- We provide a bolster for your knees and feet, clean goggles for eye protection (though unnecessary), and wet-chilled towels—some scented with Dr. Weber’s calming Fresh Vanilla Bean-Infused Oil- to enhance your experience.
- Dr. Weber will control the Lights from behind a curtain to ensure your safety and assist with anything you need.
- During the treatment, you will lie on one side for half the duration, then switch to the other to complete the remaining time. It’s okay if you want to do a happy baby pose under the Lights; we won’t judge you. We encourage you to expose the area you want to treat to the wavelengths, as it helps enhance blood flow and collagen production throughout the body.
- The treatment feels like lying on the beach, except without the dangerous UV wavelengths.
- The skin absorbs products best right after your Session.
- Light Therapy works best on a regular basis.
- Results vary depending on many factors, including how often you use Lights, the health of your skin, and how much body surface area you have.